Please see the Registration tab for information regarding registering a team
RUN AWAY TO THE BAY 2019
Ready to run? We are ready for you!
Each Team start time will be sorted according to their anticipated Finishing time and placed into an appropriate start ‘wave’.
The purpose is to help insure that every team in each wave finishes at approximately the same time. Start times are assigned with the slowest teams seeded first.
WAVE START TIMES
You must start at your assigned time. Start times will be assigned in early April and will be posted here when available. An e-mail will be sent out to notify participants when they are posted.
When you view the wave start times, please find your team name and confirm that the number of team members listed is correct as well as your team division. Please have a representative from your team e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you see any issues with your start time*, number of team members, division, or if you have any other questions or concerns.
*It is very important that you contact us regarding your start time if you believe your team will be slower or faster than when you originally registered. This is very important so we can be sure that exchange zones can be ready for you.
Each Team is responsible for supplying an adequate first aid kit on board each vehicle to treat blisters, abrasions and other common ailments.
ALL roads are open to traffic. No traffic or police monitors are promised to protect runners from vehicular traffic along the course. Participants and team vehicles, please exercise care at all times. Participants must run on the left side of the road or sidewalk and obey all Wisconsin traffic laws.
Each exchange point is approximately 3-7 miles apart and marked with orange cones. Participants waiting for the next leg must line up single file along the left shoulder of the road at the exchange location. Step out of the chute into the exchange zone as your team member approaches. Participants finishing must exit the exchange area thereafter.
FRIDAY OF (4PM to 7PM)
Run Away Shoes, Appleton
W3192 Cty KK
Appleton, WI 54915
SATURDAY, RACE DAY (6AM to 9AM)
Menominee Park – enter at Siewert Ave
Each Team will receive:
- Front bib for each runner
- Wristband (to be passed from runner to runner at each exchange location)
- An event shirt for each team member
- Goody bag with items from our sponsors
INFORMATION & ROAD RULES
- EACH team is supplied one slap band. This MUST be worn by the team member while running on the course. The runners will ‘exchange’ the slap bands at designated Exchange Zones ONLY.
- ALL traffic has the right-of-way while you are running on the course! Follow the RUN AWAY TO THE BAY signs. These will be placed on the side of the road that you are to be running on. If there is a sidewalk available, that is where you should be running, not in the road.
- Relay teams MUST cover the entire course miles to be eligible for awards and official finish times. If a runner is unable to complete a leg, another member of the team must take over where the other runner left off and complete the leg.
- RUN AWAY TO THE BAY signage will be at every turn and mile marker.
- HEADPHONES are allowed, but PLEASE keep the volume low. We recommend using just one earphone if possible. Your SAFETY is our #1 concern!
- EVERY exchange zone will have water and Gatorade available. If you need water between Exchanges, you must carry your own!! YOUR team is allowed to give you assistance in the form of food, fluids and clothing while running your leg. (NO rides!!)
- You MUST have your ID to have be served alcohol. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Liquor is NOT allowed on The Deck, please stay in the designated areas.
POST RACE PARTY
Food and drink are FREE (Yes, including beer!) to all participants and volunteers.
PARKING will be available at the Main St and Cherry St Ramps.
Have FUN, run FAST and enjoy the post-race PARTY!
-Run Away To The Bay Staff